I recently had a great interview with Terry Lin at Build My Online Store. It is now live! Feel free to stop by and take a listen at your leisure. You can find the interview here…
Here are some of the topics discussed…
- 04:00 – What was Joe’s first e-commerce business in 1994?
- 08:00 – Landscape of E-Commerce in the 2000s
- 11:30 – Fundamental truths of success in E-Commerce
- 13:00 – Selling a $12M business that was gradually losing profitability
- 15:30 – The power of a written letter
- 17:30 – Finding the right fit when looking for a buyer
- 21:00 – Calculating the true valuation for your business
- 25:00 – Will cataloging make a comeback in marketing?
- 28:00 – Why the worst-case situation is just all in your head
- 30:00 – Selling the second business to a publicly listed company
- 34:30 – Commonalities among successful store owners at 3D Cart
- 36:00 – Commonalities among store owners that fail
- 38:00 – Drop-shipping vs manufacturing
- 41:30 – Why you shouldn’t lose money just to get the sale